REGISTERED NURSE | CERTIFIED HEALTH COACH
Hello! I am La Keeda Carroll.
I have great news for you! You are one step closer to accomplishing your health and wellness goals. As a registered nurse for the past 20 years, I have been afforded a wealth of knowledge in evidence-based nursing practice and holistic health and wellness. My nursing skills are complemented with a health coach certification. I like to call myself a Nurse Coach. My goal is to help you identify problematic issues, develop an action plan for your success, and propel you through challenges that might impede your progress. I’ll employ a variety of tools and techniques including evidence-based health coaching coupled with motivational interviewing to guide you in your decision-making. Together, we’ll make possible what might have previously seemed impossible.
Want to Know More?
I offer a friendly and down-to-earth approach to health and wellness coaching while providing a safe, confidential, and non-judgmental space to share. You’ll always remain in control of the path you’d like to take in your wellness journey. I’ll provide you with first class programs, tools, resources, and guidance. I will be your biggest cheerleader and empower you even through bumps in the road.
41 Fun Facts About Me
- I’m a Texan – born and bred!
- I’m a proud Sagittarius.
- I’m a Generation X and proud of it.
- My favorite color is purple.
- My favorite season is Summer.
- I prefer heat over cold.
- I love Mexican Food.
- Seafood runs a very close second to Mexican Food.
- I also like barbecue (I’m Texan – how could I not!).
- I am a wife, mother, sister, cousin, and friend.
- I am a mother to 3 adult children.
- I am a Gigi to 3 grandchildren.
- I am a seasoned Registered Nurse.
- I am a motivated Certified Health Coach.
- I love to teach!
- When I was growing up, I wanted to be a nurse or a teacher.
- Now I get to do both and I love it!
- I have 3 degrees – ADN, BSN, and a MSN – Nursing Administration.
- I like classical music (Kenny G).
- I played the clarinet in junior high and high school.
- I love the sounds of nature.
- I love the smell of fresh cut grass.
- I have seasonal allergies – trees, grass, mold, pollen, etc.
- The only broken bone I’ve had is my 4th
- I like gardening and growing strawberries, onions, and peppers.
- I’m also growing trees – pears and peach trees.
- I love to read books.
- Stephen King is one of my favorite authors.
- John Grisham is another one of my favorite authors.
- I’d rather read a physical book than a kindle or other digital device.
- I’ve never been arrested.
- I’ve never done drugs – not even marijuana.
- I’ve never drank alcohol – only virgin strawberry daiquiris for me!
- I enjoy horror movies.
- I love to fish.
- I bait my own hook.
- I do not remove the fish from the hook (not about to get finned!).
- I’m a Covid-19 survivor and categorized as a long hauler.
- I reward myself once or twice a month – you should too!
- Life is short – don’t put off for tomorrow what you could do today.
- I was kidnapped once. I won that battle. (If we work together, I’ll share my story ?)